Tottington High SchoolSchool Uniform
In selecting our school uniform, we have attempted to combine the important factors of neatness, practicality and easy availability. We have tried to avoid burdening parents with unnecessary expenditure on highly distinctive and expensive items of clothing, whilst still achieving high standards of appearance.
- Black school blazer with school logo as shown. This can only be purchased from our stockists.
- A white school shirt which buttons to the neck. Revere collar shirts or shirts without a top button are not permitted.
- School tie with school logo and relevant year group stripe. This can only be purchased from our stockists.
- Plain, v-neck jumper with school logo. This can only be purchased from our stockists. This item is optional. (Please note: no other black jumpers/hoodies/jackets/sweatshirts are permitted).
- Plain, black school trousers with a suit cut style. No jean-style, skinny or casual trousers/leggings are permitted.
- THS pleated, check knee length skirt with school logo situated on waist band. The school logo must be visible to ensure that the length is appropriate.
- Plain, black school shoes. No trainers/trainer style; no pumps/pump style shoe; no logos or silver lace threads; no boots or over the ankle shoes; no heels; no steel toe caps.
- Black or charcoal grey ankle socks. Girls may wear plain black tights in an opaque (non-see-through) style. No coloured, patterned, white or bright socks. No knee length socks. No ankle socks and tights worn together.
- Dark suitable outdoor coat (no hoodies).
- No unnatural hair styles or fashions. Only hair colours which are natural are allowed (no bright reds or other vibrant colours, no dip dye). No sculpted haircuts, including patterns, are allowed and hair length must be at least a Grade 2. Students must not shave their eyebrows.
- Only plain ear studs are allowed – one in each ear lobe.
- Facial/body piercings, rings, necklaces and bracelets are not permitted.
- False nails and false eyelashes must not be worn.
To purchase school uniform and PE kit, please click the Shop Now buttons below which will take you to our school clothing providers. There you can compare prices, opening times and social distancing information.
Top Form By Monkhouse Schoolwear
Mill Gate Shopping Centre
86 The Rock
Tel: 0161 764 4320
PT's Schoolwear Bury
Bury Market Hall
14 Market Parade
Tel: 0161 761 1365
PT's Schoolwear Radcliffe
Tel:0161 723 0991
Units 5,6 & 7
Bolton Market Complex
Tel: 01204 392610
Order PE Kit
SK Kits supply kit for many football clubs, cricket clubs, schools and other organisations. They are a well established company with a reputation for supplying high class products and have supplied PE and sports kits for Tottington High School for many years.
Your child’s PE kit will be delivered to school at the start of term or within 7 days if during term time.
To order PE kit for your child, please click the Shop Now button below.
- You must be in full school uniform at all times.
- Any student considered to be wearing their uniform or hair in an unacceptable fashion will be challenged and be expected to alter it in accordance with school rules.
- Make-up, fake tan, false nails, false eyelashes/eyebrows (HD brows) must not to be worn.
- Only plain ear studs are allowed – one in each ear lobe.
- Facial/body piercings, rings, necklaces and bracelets are not allowed.
- Only hair colours which are natural are allowed (no bright reds or other vibrant colours, no dip dye). Weaves/braids are not allowed.
- No sculpted haircuts, including patterns, are allowed and hair length must be at least a Grade 2. Students must not shave their eyebrows.
- Long hair must be tied back during practical lessons.
- The wearing of all headgear is not allowed, unless it is of a religious nature. In such cases it should be no longer than shoulder length and navy blue or black.
- The school has strict guidelines as to the length of a school skirt. A student will receive 2 official warnings regarding the length being too short. If the policy is not adhered to after these warnings the student will only be allowed to wear trousers for the rest of the academic year.
All sports clothing MUST be PERMANENTLY LABELLED. PE kit can be obtained from Sk Kits (click here to visit the SK Kits website).
- Red T-shirt
- Black shorts
- Red football socks
- Shin pads
- Football boots will be required at some time during the year.
Optional Sweatshirt is available to order from the PE department.
- All footwear should be of the correct size and correctly tied to ensure support of the ankles. As fashion evolves, there are often items of casual or leisure footwear on the market that have the appearance of trainers which may not be suitable for PE activities. It is important that students wear the appropriate footwear and it has the required specification and provides the necessary support for safe participation.
- Students must tie back hair that falls below the jawline.
- No jewellery is to be worn during PE.
- Please ensure all items are clearly marked with your child’s name.
Tottington High School collects a lot of data and information about our pupils so that we can run effectively as a school. This privacy notice explains how and why we collect pupils’ data, what we do with it and what rights parents and pupils have. Tottington High School is an academy within the Shaw Education Trust (“the Trust”), a multi academy trust with 10 academies. The Trust is a charitable company limited by guarantee (registration number 09067175) whose registered office is Shaw Education Trust Head Office, Kidsgrove Secondary School, Gloucester Road, Kidsgrove. ST7 4DL. The Trust is the Data Controller for all the academies within the Trust. The Data Protection Officer for the Trust is Natalie Kennedy: email@example.com