Tottington High SchoolPupil Premium & Catch-up Premium
The Government introduced the Pupil Premium Grant with the hope that this extra funding would narrow the gap in attainment for those students in care and for those who come from families with low incomes, thus raising achievement overall. This has now been extended to children who have parents in the armed forces and who have been on free school meals in the last six years (‘ever 6’).
From research the school has found that the best types of interventions are actions focused on learning in the curriculum and strategies that affect performance DIRECTLY in the classroom i.e. Effective feedback to students, One to one tuition or small group teaching or staff training.
- Attendance admin to ensure parents are notified of non-attendance at school. Effective use of Call Parent has supported school strategies to ensure high attendance rates
- Additional pastoral Support for students eligible for Pupil Premium
- Year 6/7 transition activities and development time to ensure full engagement of students post transition
- Extended curriculum experiences – Year 7 Residential, School Trips etc.
- Additional targeted support in English and Mathematics through workshops, one to one support, out of hours learning activity
- Adaptation of school timetable for identified students to pursue alternative learning pathways – College placement, pre-apprenticeship, Rathbones, Fairbridge etc. resulting in greater engagement in learning and increased application to studies
- Involvement of specialised services to address social, emotional and behavioural issues that has secured increased attendance at school
- Improved performance of Pupil premium students in Mathematics 2012/13 – sixty percent achieved or exceeded their expected grade at the end of Key Stage 4.
Tottington High School collects a lot of data and information about our pupils so that we can run effectively as a school. This privacy notice explains how and why we collect pupils’ data, what we do with it and what rights parents and pupils have. Tottington High School is an academy within the Shaw Education Trust (“the Trust”), a multi academy trust with 10 academies. The Trust is a charitable company limited by guarantee (registration number 09067175) whose registered office is Shaw Education Trust Head Office, Kidsgrove Secondary School, Gloucester Road, Kidsgrove. ST7 4DL. The Trust is the Data Controller for all the academies within the Trust. The Data Protection Officer for the Trust is Natalie Kennedy: email@example.com