It's Your School. Have Your Say.THS Student Voice
THS Student Voice is represented by students from Years 7 to 11, supporting the different areas of our school.
What is THS Student Voice for?
The aim of THS Student Voice is to enhance the quality of life of students and staff from a student perspective. It hopes to ensure that students’ opinions are considered in the day to day teaching, administration and future plans of the School.
THS Student Voice aims to:
- Represent the views of all students in our school.
- Participate in real decision making.
- Provide opportunities for students to develop skills and confidence.
- Introduce and develop initiatives which promote ‘Student Voice’ across the school.
- Communicate our work clearly to students, staff, governors and the wider school community
- Work with staff and students to improve the quality of relationships, teaching and learning and our environment.
How does it work?
- A representative from each form volunteers to take part
- They gather views and ideas from other students in their forms
- They present these views at the meetings
- All views and ideas get discussed and the Student Voice group decide what it is they want to work on
- With the support of their Student Leaders, these views are presented to other people (including the Senior Leadership team or the School Governors!)
- Their views are listened to and taken into account when making decisions about the school community.
How to apply for THS Student Voice
Please write a short letter of application explaining why you think you would be a good ambassador for THS Student Voice.
Deadline is Friday 15th October.
Please give your application to Miss Postle.
THS Student Voice Lead:
Miss J Postle
Phone: 01204 882327
Contact THS Student Voice
Tottington High School collects a lot of data and information about our pupils so that we can run effectively as a school. This privacy notice explains how and why we collect pupils’ data, what we do with it and what rights parents and pupils have. Tottington High School is an academy within the Shaw Education Trust (“the Trust”), a multi academy trust with 10 academies. The Trust is a charitable company limited by guarantee (registration number 09067175) whose registered office is Shaw Education Trust Head Office, Kidsgrove Secondary School, Gloucester Road, Kidsgrove. ST7 4DL. The Trust is the Data Controller for all the academies within the Trust. The Data Protection Officer for the Trust is Natalie Kennedy: firstname.lastname@example.org