THS Student Voice
THS Student Voice is represented by students from Years 7 to 11, supporting the different areas of our school.
THS Student Voice Lead:
Miss J Postle
Phone: 01204 882327
What is THS Student Voice for?
The aim of THS Student Voice is to enhance the quality of life of students and staff from a student perspective. It hopes to ensure that students’ opinions are considered in the day to day teaching, administration and future plans of the School.
THS Student Voice aims to:
- Represent the views of all students in our school.
- Participate in real decision making.
- Provide opportunities for students to develop skills and confidence.
- Introduce and develop initiatives which promote ‘Student Voice’ across the school.
- Communicate our work clearly to students, staff, governors and the wider school community
- Work with staff and students to improve the quality of relationships, teaching and learning and our environment.
How does it work?
- A representative from each form volunteers to take part
- They gather views and ideas from other students in their forms
- They present these views at the meetings
- All views and ideas get discussed and the Student Voice group decide what it is they want to work on
- With the support of their Student Leaders, these views are presented to other people (including the Senior Leadership team or the School Governors!)
- Their views are listened to and taken into account when making decisions about the school community.
How to apply for THS Student Voice
Please write a short letter of application explaining why you think you would be a good ambassador for THS Student Voice.
Deadline is Friday 15th October.
Please give your application to Miss Postle.